Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Tossin' and Turnin'

Something's up somewhere inside my brain. Something serious. Something has me so worried that I'm barely able to sleep through the night, and I barely sleep anyways, so I'm kinda fucked up. I need a nice therapy session or something, because one man cannot live on 5 hours a sleep a night, broken up into 4 or 5 inconvenient parts. Monday night I tossed and turned so often, and so violently, that my bed, while it easily is moved foward or backward, was actually moved to the right- a full 9 inches from where I usually keep it. This is cause for concern.

The dreams have been funky as all hell, as I've reported earlier. The other night I had a dream I was in Las Vegas with some friends, in a restaurant, and I ran into Red, of all people. She spotted me, tried to avoid me, but I cornered her, and demanded that she return my belongings. All she did was introduce me to her new boyfriend. I followed her back to their hotel room, and she returned my stuff. Finally.

Last night, I dreamt I was a police officer, on a routine stop. The odd part was, I was in Lauderdale, MN, a small suburb sandwiched between Minneapolis and St. Paul, where I lived from age 11-15. I pulled this person over, but we were on a corner, I was facing north, they were facing east. They opened their driver's side door as I was walking up from the passenger's side, and shot at me. The first shot missed, the second shot hit me in my chest, just above my heart. Fortunately, I was wearing a kevlar vest, so I wasn't killed, but I was hurt badly. I drew my weapon and fired, hitting the person once in the neck and twice in the face. They dropped immediately, as another patrol car came up. Both the person who shot me and I were taken to the hospital. I had broken ribs and a massive bruise on my chest, and they were worried, but let me go home.

Instead of going home, I went to a bar, where I was meeting my girlfriend, who was played by a friend of mine, L. She was cautious around me, very tentative and worried, almost avoiding touching me out of fear she would hurt me further. It was weird. We talked for a couple minutes before my internal alarm clock decided it was time to get up.

As I've blabbed about so many times before, I was a Psychology major in college, who wanted to study sleep and dreams, but don't buy into either major school of dream interpretation. Honestly, the best person to interpret your dreams is you, so here goes.

I'm harboring resentment towards Red. Big time. I think this is understandable after someone breaks your heart, but I don't really resent her for that. I resent her for keeping my belongings. It irks me. It made me so angry that she was unable to keep that very little promise to return my things. Especially since she has my bike rack, which I of course needed for the MS ride. Break it down, D? Let's: I don't mind that she doesn't want to be with me, it is sad and unfortunate, but don't ever, ever, EVER fuck with my ride. That's just wrong. The setting, in Vegas, is eerie as well, as we were at one point a mouse click away from flying there to get married, before clearer heads said "hey, let's sleep on this."

As far as the second one, I'm out of ideas. I think my brain was just taking a stroll through the absurd. Me as a cop. That's just weird. Perhaps I'm anxious about this trip up to the former stomping grounds of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Honestly, I thought I was looking forward to it. We'll see how that pans out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your bike rack. Those things are no fun.

I think the cop injury thing was your dream excuse to go to a bar, have a beer and hang with a friend. Those are good things in life.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I wound up buying a new one, but the old one is Jen's, so I'll have to return it. I like the idea of going to a bar and hanging with a friend. I'm good at that one.

And, if you took all my friends and put them all in a room, then blindfolded yourself and threw a rock, you'd stand a good chance and hitting a lawyer, or the SO of a lawyer. I've actually already looked into that, and plans are being made.

Sometimes, you just have to do it.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

- tai nhac chuong hay mien phi cho dien thoai, tuyen chon nhac chuong hay nhat, DOC NHAT, kho tai nhac chuong doc mien phi lon nhat hien nay

11:23 PM  
Blogger Thieu said...

website nghe và tải nhạc chuông miễn phí. Với nhiều thể loại nhạc và liên tục cập nhật các bản nhạc chuông hot trên zingmp3 và tiktok

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home