Friday, May 23, 2003

143 days to go

I went throught he strange experience of having a conversation last night with my professor who made me see things differently. Maybe that's too strong. We were talking while in class about our strengths, what our "power points" were. Fortunately, he started on the other side of the room, so I had quite some time to come up with one, but I couldn't. When it finally came time for me to share my power point, well, I did my best. It came to me that being sophomoric is a good thing, something that he and I disagreed about earlier in the class. I told him that my strength is being sophomoric. I'm fairly smart, maybe not the sharpest stick in the sharp stick drawer, but I got some brains, but I also realize that there's more out there to learn, and that I'll never know everything, so I should just have fun. Call it a philosophy.

So, what did he make me realize? After class, I told him that if he thought I was sophomoric, he should really meet my father, well, this spawned a whole conversation about my dad. My father is the smartest and happiest person I know. He has more toys now than I did when I was 12. He has fun and does what he wants, but still lives up to his responsibilities. So, a big shout out to my dad for being my dad!

Call it an early father's day present. Blog fame for dad.

Kudos to my roommate for saying those ever-precious words to me last night:

"So, are you gonna help with that beer in the fridge?"

Always good to have friends who know when you want a beer.

Today's turning-30 panic attack alert status is at green, today, in case you were wondering.

I'm off to work now. Enjoy your days out there.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home