Sunday, May 25, 2003

strong>141 days to go

141 is divisible by 3. Try it. The remainder is a prime number.

How geeky am I, let me count the ways.

Kurt Vonnegut, Jr wrote in Timequake:

"They say that the first thing to go is eyesight. They're wrong. It's parallel parking."

Me, I've got one. It's your ability to recover from a night out.

Mind you, I'm not hung over at all- I was a good boy. I'm just tired as all get out. Probably because I'm used to being able to stay up all night and not have any consequences. Worst part of the whole thing is that I wasn't up too late. Geez.

Today's turning 30 panic attack status is back to Amber.

Now that I think about it further, if I base my reasoning on Vonnegut's logic, well I've got more bad news: I don't have a car, so yes, parallel parking is gone, I wear glasses, so I've satisfied his two conditions.

Ok. This is getting a little too melodramatic. Back to something cheerier.

I forgot how fun Dressy Bessy is live. I highly recommend it if you're in the mood for some good pop rock. Had a great time with the bartender last night, ordering Hamm's(hey, before you knock it, keep in mind that it's only $2 there, and I grew up with ads for the beer from the land of sky blue waters, ergo it's almost a nostalgic thing) in pairs, he always pulled them up in a "carrying case," that is, they were the last two beers on the six-pack ring. We had a laugh over that one.

Remember: humor is where you find it. So is happiness.

Ok. It's time for me to head to work. Speaking of which, I've noticed that the time posts for my blog are west-coast times. Not that anyone else cares, I just wanted to let you know that. If you're ever wondering what time I'm doing this inane goofiness, add two hours to the timestamp.

Question: Is it ethical to charter a plane to cross the international date line at precisely midnight as to avoid one's 30th birthday? Is that chickensh!t?

Tawlk amongst yourselves.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home