Tuesday, June 24, 2003

102 days to go

It's early. Guess what? I can't sleep.

This is to be expected. I made a mistake tonight. I err. I am human. Let's make up an new faux Latin phrase, shall we:

Erro ergo sum.

Take that Rene Descartes. I'll see you by the flagpole, 3:15.

At least I didn't say I'd see him behind the boathouse, right?

Sorry, I'm weird this early morning.

Bottom line. I make mistakes. Those mistakes have hurt people in the past, and undoubtedly will in the future. I apologize for the ones I've committed already. My roommate calls this my confessional. I guess, for tonight, it couldn't have a truer purpose.

There's a certain someone in my life who I hurt very, very much 494 days ago. Mistakes happen, and this one was a doozie, as the saying goes. As many of my friends know, I am the "I'll be there in 20 minutes" guy. I help. This time, I wasn't there in 20 minutes. I was gone in 20 minutes, and that was a mistake made by me. A choice based in error is rarely good for anyone involved, and I hurt someone.

I have a history of hurting people. I don't try to, and I usually suffer some serious collateral damage, as it was in this case. So be it. Karma is fair, justice is blind, and above all, people are people.

A very good friend of mine was hurt several years ago by me. We've healed, at least as far as we can. Do I still feel bad about it? Well, yes. I am not as cold hearted as I sometimes seem or act. It's true.

You have to choose your battles wisely in this world, my friends, and I chose poorly tonight. Especially poorly. Sadly, the past is set, the future isn't, so I can only try to make up for my actions.

E is the most common letter in the english language. R is the second most. I lied. I don't know about the r thing, but I'm sure about the e thing. Sorry, trying to project a little levity into the blog this evening. It's not working.

That's it then. I'm going to bed to hopefully wake up to a brighter world. It's hot, though, so sleep may be a tough catch.

Tangent time: My old boss used to always say that if you're going to complain about weather, you could only complain about one extreme or the other. Heat or cold. Not both. I like that philosophy- especially since we all know(well, we just learned, at least) that I wear shorts year round, and therefore don't b!tch about cold.

Stream of consciousness writing is always dangerous. Give me a card for the on sequitir.
(Anyone who gets that last joke/reference wins a beer.)

David Makes Apologies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home