Tuesday, June 24, 2003

102 days to go
Part III: Ah ha! Without central air, I would be dead.


It's true. As of right now, the temperature in my neighborhood is 93 degrees according to weather.com. Gee, guys, thanks for that.

In my world we call that real fargin hot. Notice, I'm still trying to keep this blog as curse word free as I can. I just biked home in record time, as well, a whole 7 minutes from Bucktown to my house, just about 3 miles. Why did I do such a stupid thing is such overbearing heat? Well, for one thing, the wind was at my back, and I really, really wanted to get out of the heat. At least, when I'm in my house, sitting around naked and taking cold showers is acceptable. Doing that on Damen Avenue during rushhour is not advised.

By the way, my cat's breath smells like cat food is a Ralph Wiggum quote, not the translation for amor vincit omnia.

Let's just say I'm in a funky mood, and I sure as hell need a shower.

Grades were finally posted. I got what I thought I would get. No surprises. Am I happy with them, well, of course not. I could have done much better in one course, the other two were A's.

Goes to show that I sometimes, not always, kick @$$.

Ah well, I'm off to the shower to wash up. I'm supposed to go to the Cubs game tonight, but I'm feeling remarkably crappy and broke.

That's all for now.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home