Monday, June 23, 2003

103 days to go

It's a certain someone's birthday today. Happy birthday to her.

Birthdays are funny things, especially ones like my friends and I are having this year. We're having to face up to our lives thus far. For instance, I imagine that one of my parents have this hidden away in a trunk somewhere, but I remember in the seventh grade we had to write about what we thought our lives would be like in 15 years- basically what we thought our lives would be like when we were 28. I guessed that I would have 3 kids, I even named them(I was going through a Zappa phase at the time, so they had weird names), be happily married and be a DJ- afternoon shift.

Ah, the innocence of youth. Hell, I was 13, what did I know?

Well, needless to say, I'm not married, I have no children, and I'm not a DJ. I was once, back in college, but it was the 2-4 am slot. I believe the title wound up being "The Blathering Dunderhead Metalhead and Dave Show." I'm sure someone will point out any mistake I made. I wasn't exactly in my skull that much back then.

Ok, so with the birthdays and such going on, and my general inability to sleep well, today's turning 30 panic attack alert status is RED.

So, make sure you have plenty of comfort food and beer in the house. I'll probably be by later and need a shoulder. After all, Thursday is the 100-day mark. I'm really not going to be happy about that.

I'm off, kids, as I have to get to work, and it's going to be quite a ride down there.

Be good, and I'll write more later.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home