Sunday, June 22, 2003

104 days to go

I can't sleep, my friends. I'd like to know why.

I think it's probably me worrying about grades and the like. I feel a little gittery about one of my classes, where the professor has hated me for a couple years now. I kinda doubt my borderline performance in her class is going to be swayed by her good natured half, as I don't think she has one. Personally, I think it's something else. I've never cared about school, why would I start now?

I think it might be birthdays. My friend turns 30 today, and his girlfriend and I set up a surprise party- a complete success, although it was touch and go for a while. I have another friend, who is much younger, celebrating a birthday today as well, three people I know have birthdays tomorrow or the next day. Everyone is talking about what they haven't accomplished. Sadly, I think it's getting to me. I mean, I want all the stupid old sh!t, too. I want a good job that I don't have to worry about. I want a car again. I want to get married and settle down, I've wanted to for two years now, but haven't found anyone fool enough to settle down with me. That's not fair. I have found someone, but there's some hold up that I didn't expect. More on that later. Love, after all, is a battlefield.

I miss the 80's this morning. I found 99 Luftballoons in the songbook at the karaoke bar the other night. Yes, the German version. Tell me that's not worth a laugh. I think it is. Me, I was going to do Love me Two Times by The Doors. My friend was going to do Stray Cat Strut. It would have been cool, except that the bar closed before we were up.

Ah, such is life. Wear sunscreen, folks. I got a mild sunburn yesterday biking all over this beautiful city of mine. It's that perfect Chicago summer weather, not too hot yet, but still nice.

Ah well, it's time to get something productive done. I'm sure there's laundry I could be doing, or even dishes.

So be it!

later,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home