Monday, June 16, 2003

110 days to go
Part II: Listen to the sizzle


My brain is really fried. I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing permanent damage. School is meant for the young.

I've been thinking about the greatest pieces of advice ever given to me today. I'm not sure why. Here's my favorite few:

#1- Don't sh!t where you eat, my friend.
#2- It's good to be sophomoric for as long as possible.
#3- Get the thirty dollar port!

#1 is a song by Ween off of Chocolate and Cheese. #2 was by a professor or mine. #3 is my best friend's dad.
I shared the sophomoric quote with a current teacher of mine, and he disagreed with it. He sees being sophomoric as insulting. I, on the other hand, see it as a complete compliment. I think it's good to learn more, I just don't like school. He sees sophomoric as being immature and shallow. Debate amongst yourselves.

Let's talk about pop ups. I'm here at school, where every 15 or 30 seconds a new pop up tries to sell me something I can't afford to, nor never would purchase. Remind me, when I'm a gigantic software mogul, to eliminate all pop ups from the internet. Maybe I should start working on that code over break. I'll need something to do to keep my head working.

Here's something I've never shared on my blog: my favorite word. This is funny, and you'll need a piece of paper and something to write with. Write down the word dollop in lower case print. Got it? Now, turn it upside down.

If you did it right, you'll see that the paper still says dollop. I decided to call this an inverse palindrome. It's fun, dammit.

It's about that time, that I should get back to work. I figure at this point, it's like a bandaid. Just rip it off and go. Worst part is, it's absolutely beautiful out today, and I'm working on stupid homework. Oh, cruel fate, why do you mock me?

I'm off, got to get stuff done. Need to finish and go bowling.

later

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home