Saturday, June 14, 2003

112 days to go

That's a football season to go, well, without bye weeks, for those not so good at math.

I keep the fortunes from fortune cookies. Most people think of me as a pack rat- and they're probably right. I keep stuff that I shouldn't, stuff that really isn't that important, but for some reason I keep it anyway. Back to the fortune cookie thing- I keep them in my wallet, some of them are probably 15 years old- but I keep them anyways. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm afraid that they won't come true if I throw them out. Could be. I might just be psychotic, though. That's more likely an explanation. Anyway, back to the point here- one of the ones I have says one of the most amazing things ever said: I can resist anything but temptation. Probably one of the truest things I've heard. This idea, coupled with the personality test I took the other day which said I wasn't spontaneous, caused me to feel the sudden need to party literally until the sun started to rise this morning.

I'm pretty stupid sometimes. I was, however, spontaneous, dammit. And fun was had by all. Except the guy I kept beating at Golden Tee. Funniest part of that is he's in town covering the US Open- a real golf nut. Nice guy, though, we decided to keep the party rolling, where I ran into some other friends of mine, and I hung out with them. What a night. I hadn't seen some of those folks in a couple months.

All this when I was too tired to hang out before. Guess I got my second wind somewhere in there. Today, it's been work, work, work, as you might expect. After this week, I am done for the semester. I need a vacation. Good thing I've got 3 weeks off coming up.

Alright. I should be getting back to work, after all, it's a completely beautiful day and I'm speding it indoors doing homework. Damn, life is cruel sometimes, yes?

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home