Wednesday, June 11, 2003

115 days to go

What's the 0 stand for? Oh my god it's early!

Name that movie... did you get it? No? I'll tell you later.

I just finished updating my resume for my friend, who's going to pass it on to his boss. I love opportunities. Hopefully, this one will work out. I should, after all, grow the hell up and get a real job again. One thing I have always said(ok, for the last few years I've said this): find something that makes you happy and do that thing. Lately, making walls, ceilings and other assorted things break has been tickling my fancy.

My friend Wendy has been blogging about what she wants in a man. I believe she's up to part 10. I've been thinking about what I want in a woman, as a response. I think I've got it, or at least part of it:

I want her to be smart, creative, witty, athletic and adventurous.
I want her to be funny, geeky-sheik(cool yet nerdy?), honest and free.
I don't care about money, having it is cool and all, but it won't make me fall in love.
I'm not all about looks, but do have my standards.
I want her to be patient, able to throw a strike and paddle a canoe.
She should like cats(mine is a challenge, after all).
I want her to be confident, easy-going, and crazy enough to like me.
I want her to be able to tell me who said "Mien fuhrer, I can walk!"
I want her to be able to do a crossword puzzle, and not one of those crappy ones from TV Guide or People. Those aren't challenging.
I want her to be able to fight. This sounds funny, I guess, but you've got to be able to argue your point with me. That's a good way to earn my respect.
Tattoos ARE cool, and I like them. Especially ones with good stories. Piercings are cool, too.
I want her to like hockey, and to hate the Dallas Stars as passionately as I do.

That's enough on Dave's ideal woman. I could probably keep going for hours without actually getting anything sensible out of me. Besides, it's late, and I need some sleep.

The movie quote at the beginning? It's from Good Morning Vietnam starring Robin Williams. Maybe I'll make that an extra feature of my blog. The daily movie quote. It'll add to all the wonderful other things I've posted to waste time with.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home