Friday, June 06, 2003

120 days to go

You know you're in deep when you hear these words from the television:

"The following program is a paid commercial..."

It's late. Alright- not as late as I could go, but it's too late, considering last night's late night work plus this morning's early morning homework. It will pay off, though. I hope.

My friend's plane lands in just under 16 hours. The dishes are started. The bathroom looks 150% better. That doesn't necessarily make it good. The project that's due tomorrow is 60% done, give or take.

One of my prime motivations for completing school is the hope that I'll find a job where I make enough to hire a maid service. Not an everyday thing, but maybe just Fridays- clean the place up before the weekend, that kind of thing.

For now, it's time to turn off the TV and head to bed. Gonna finish the blog and my delicious Hornsby's Draft Cider, though. Hey- a Dave's gotta do what a Dave's gotta do. And I earned this SOB. I really did.

Well, the part of my brain that ruminates is apparently already asleep. The rest of me should be soon, provided Mia doesn't keep me up. For those of you who don't know, my cat's name is Mia, and I doubt she'll be offended if I use her name here. Besides, she can only read two words, and I can prove it. The two words are:

Meow Mix

I'm telling you, she reads those words. It's eerie.

She's a smart one, most of the time. I've seen her screw up a few times. Once, she was trying to get comfy on top of my monitor, and misjudged how close she was to the edge of the monitor. Those hind legs dropped, and I started cackling. The look of surprise alone was worth all the mess she made knocking over things on my desk.

I'll save my favorite Mia on the Monitor story for another time. It's perhaps even funnier, but I don't want to ruin it.

I'm going to bed- the infomercial is winding down, and I'm not getting any more restful.

goodnight all!

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home