Wednesday, June 04, 2003

122 days to go

I was thinking that I should add a supplimental countdown for my brother's wedding. We'll try it out today:

129 days til the big wedding!

Worth a try, right?

Now, I'm a baseball fan, well, of sorts. I became so disgruntled after the last strike that I really don't consider myself a fan of any particular team, at least not passionately, but I suppose I would be called a Cubs fan first. What I can't figure out is why in hell did they break into the Simpsons last night with the Sammy Sosa Corked Bat press conference. It was labeled as breaking news, kind of an ironic pun, but I was more distressed that something, oh, REAL might have happened to merit such a interruption in my programming. I mean, WGN was showing baseball and didn't interrupt or mention the press conference. So, the ending question: was Sammy Sosa showing up with what looked like teary eyes apologizing for using the wrong bat and getting caught really worth interrupting the Simpsons? Keep in mind, that whenever WFLD has tried to change the timeslot for the Simpsons, there have always been near riots? I strongly question the motives of WFLD. Hell, the other channels, which were broadcasting their 10 o'clock news went a little long due to the press conference, but let's keep some perspective: the conference started around the same time their sports report was on...

Ok. I think that rant is over. I, after all, would much rather watch the Simpsons than hear about Sammy Sosa. Call me still bitter. Call me Ishmail. Call me Dr. StrangeDave.

I had a talk with my friend coming into town from Boston last night. My friends are really cool. Partying with them, well, that's usually dangerous, but let's keep in mind that I don't work weekends anymore, so to hell with that.

PARTY TIL 5!

I lie. I don't have that much energy lately. I need to catch up on sleep before I can start breaking landspeed records again. After all, I'm too used to waking up early.

Today's turning 30 panic attack alert status is yellow.

Primarily because I fell asleep before midnight for the first time in ages. I must be worn out. I'm sure I'll panic about that later on today. But hey- I got almost 6 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep- that's rare.

The lesson from today's rumination is to never, ever cork your bat kids.

I'll ruminate more later on!

dave


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home