Monday, June 02, 2003

124 days to go

What a weekend! There's nothing like family. I get such a kick out of them.

Top it all off....

MY LITTLE BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED!

For those of you who didn't know, sorry- I couldn't wait. For me, it's big news. Damn big news. I'm quite excited. She's totally cool, and I like her. What could be better?

This means it's going to be a busy fall for a certain shave-headed Chicagoan. My friend from high school gets married in September, I turn 30 in October, and then my brother gets married a week later.

Rapture!

This also means a fair amount of air travel for me- I'm tired of driving up to the Twin Cities from here. It's too much work. Not to mention the whole not having a car thing. I should solve these problems.

My mom got me a tent for my birthday- totally cool of her to do so- and gave it to me this weekend. Best part is, I'm supposed to go camping in a couple weeks.

Handy!

My mother was called "Grandma" in front of me for the first time. I sometimes block out the fact that she married into having grandchildren. I wasn't entirely prepared for it. Of course, I got called uncle, something very new for me. This might take some getting used to. I suppose I should start.

This brings us to the turning 30 panic attack alert status:

RED.

Playing basketball for the first time in 2 years made me feel old. I'm not going to be happy about that for a while.

Like the Beatles said: It's all too much.

I'm off, as my alarm clock is busted, and I've overslept again.

Be excellent to one another,

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home