Sunday, June 29, 2003

97 days to go

I absolutely love this city on days like today. The sun's out, the temp's not too hot, and the birds are chirping away. Oh yeah, and I got 7 hours of uninterruped sleep. Tell me that's not cool as hell.

I was thinking about the saying "age ain't nothing but a number." Anyone who says that is too self-centered(perhaps stupid as well) to realize the passage of time. Maybe they're too apathetic to realize the passage of time. This may take more research.

Here's another favorite: "you're only as old as you feel." I hate this one. After all, I have mornings where I feel like I'm 75, thanks to the wonders of my friend and life-long partner, Arthur. That's Arthur Itis, my friends. Ok- I must be feeling old this morning, or I'm feeling some serious self-pity about age. I haven't decided. I'll move on now.

The woman in the bookstore yesterday asked me what my favorite Vonnegut novel is. To cut through the suspence(and perhaps ruin the office pool you've undoubtedly started), it's Slapstick.

Hi ho.

I had a dream, way, way, way back when I was about 20 where I met my soul mate. I remember it so vividly it's funny. Here's how it went:

I walk in to a used book store, and there's this woman with curly red hair, green eyes, with an athletic but slightly pudgy build(she's got a couple extra pounds on her). She's wearing a sundress. I know that she has a boyfriend and that I have a girlfriend, but we're instantly attracted to each other. We can't help it. We just know. There's a Louis XIV type loveseat in the store. We sit down, we talk, we make out. We leave the store so we can go break up with our respective significant others and begin our lives together. Then, I wake up.

Romantic no? Let's just say I'm significantly more cynical nowadays. I still walk gingerly into bookstores, though. You never know. Fate is, as we have all hopefully learned by now, cruel sometimes. Dreams on the other hand, are dangerous. You never know what you're going to get.

Ah well. I think I'm going to rewatch Punch Drunk Love. I think it was good, but I need to see it again, make sure I got it all right in my head.

That's life. Get outside and have some fun!

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home