Friday, June 27, 2003

99 days to go
Part II: Thank you, Nena.


Believe it or not, I've completed my revision of Nena's 99 Red Balloons.

Here goes:

99 Days til Thirty

You and I are all grown up
But a few short months is all I’ve got
Set days free at the break of dawn
Til one by one, they were gone
Back at base in my underwear
Check the crystal, something's turned red
Turn into an older guy
99 days til thirty

99 days til thirty
Changing to an older guy
Panic bells it's red alert
There's something here from my late twenties
The age machine springs to life
Opens up one sunken eye
Focusing it on the sky
When 99 days til thirty go by

99 Decision Street
99 classmates meet
To worry, worry, super scurry
Get the beers out in a hurry
This isn’t the right stage
This is it boys, this is age
Seems I’ve wasted lots of time
As 99 days til thirty go by

99 nights without spare
Getting hard to climb the stairs
Everyone's a little older
Everyone's a Captain Kirk
With orders to get by
To pairify, and multiply
Sleeping under summer skies
99 days til thirty go by

99 days I still have
In every one a panic attack
It's almost over and I'm close to thirty
In this dust that was my twenties
If I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the youth was here
And here is an old saloon
Just to prove the youth was here
And here is a old saloon
I’ll walk in, and let it go

Geek or genius? Let history make that decision.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home