Wednesday, July 16, 2003

80 days to go
Part II: Pennies from heaven


Well, more accurately, from the trees above. Still more accurately, it was birdcrap, not pennies. A bird was kind enough to crap on my arm as I was biking home for lunch. Kinda summed up my mood, though. Elation is nowhere near my house today.

It was last night, briefly. I got a call from a friend of mine from college. She's so cool, and I miss her. She asked me if I still loved her. Of course I do. She's a good friend, and an amazing woman to boot. I tells ya, if she weren't already married, I'd try to woo her. And woo I would.

Enough on that. It was fun to talk to her, however briefly. I get to see her in 2 months. I'm looking forward to it. She's going to be my date to a wedding. I think I might get a tattoo afterwards, just for fun. I'm kooky like that.

Remember that come-to-work-early call I got? Well, the folks I had to show up early for didn't show. That's fairly typical in my line of work. Doesn't make me less pissy, though.

Ah well. I'm supposed to be eating, and I'm typing instead. I'm going to remedy that.

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home