Tuesday, July 15, 2003

81 days to go
Part Two: Hot!


Yes, it is. My old boss used to say that you can only complain about one kind of weather, meaning either heat or cold. Me, I wear shorts year round. So guess which one I bitch about. Of course, heat usually causes me to take two showers a day, and I like taking showers.

Prior to today, I had only once installed a window air conditioner. Today, however, I did it 8 times. I'm pretty good at it now. It's almost a shame that I have central air.

Wendy had a funky dream which she sent to me for interpretation. I, being the person who I am, believe that the only person who can interpret a dream is the person who had it- something I wrote about extensively when I was a Psych major who wanted to focus on sleep and dream research. I have since privately sent her my interpretation, but I figured it would be a good time for me to share my theories on dreams.

So, here it is, in about as concise a way as I can put it:

Throughout the day, your brain filters out a lot of the things you notice, we'll say subconsciously, so we can function. We concentrate on what's important to the particular moment, say you're walking down the street, you'll notice the pile of dog doo on the sidewalk and move around it, but won't notice that there's a person wearing brown shoes walking next to you. So, when you dream, your brain spouts back some of the stuff and you didn't realize that you noticed. Of course, practiced dreamers can dream lucidly- something I highly recommend everyone learn to do. You can do a lot with this. I've got a book that can help you to use dreams to solve waking problems- something I've tried a couple times, but never got too into it.

So, here's how you lucid dream- easiest way, according to Dave. When you start to dream, realize that you're dreaming. I know, sounds stupid, but it works. Try to say it in the dream. Say "I'm dreaming." Next, try to look at your hands. Once you've done this, you can usually start to do things on your own, all kinds of jazzy sh!t. Practice, but be patient. It takes a while. Personally, I almost never have nightmares, because I can manipulate my dreams so easily.

That's enough on that. In a couple more minutes, I'll start getting all philosophical.

There you have it. I'm hungry and going for food.

dave



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home