Saturday, July 12, 2003

84 Charing Cross Road

Wait, no, I mean days to go. That's right.

Sorry, I know, lame joke. I tried, at least. It's too damn early, anyways. So, why am I awake so damn early on a Saturday? Well, you see, I'm trying to make myself as tired as possible so I'll take a nap this evening before the L.A.T.E. Ride. 'Nuff said.

Let's see... I was going to have something to talk about, but I don't. I'm still just incredibly amused with something Wendy sent me this morning. She's got that invaluable talent of being able to bring a smile to my face without trying too hard. And trust me, I don't like to smile that much.

I talked to a friend of mine last night who I haven't seen in quite a while. He was fool enough to bet, get this, a bottle of scotch(mind you, good scotch) that he could beat me at air hockey. I asked him over and over if he was sure he wanted to make that bet, and he was. I guess it's good to have that amount of confidence. However, near as I can remember, the only person who has ever beaten me at air hockey is my brother. Needless to say, when I pasted my friend 7-2 He told me last night that he has the bottle, and that I'll have it soon. Remind me to hoist a toast to him when the time comes.

How's that for an amusing yarn?

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home