Friday, July 04, 2003

92 days to go

Even on a national holiday I can't sleep. Someone should look into that. I had a bizarre dream about being a cruise ship director, well, I call it that. It was really just a floating hotel. Anyways, the big, unhappy, recently rattling around skeleton was there, which was odd- I don't usually have dreams about that one. I'd go into more details(don't worry, they're not lewd or anything) but I'm still trying to figure out some other information given to me yesterday, which has most of my brain all atwitter.

Let's talk about my brain for a second, after all, it's kinda neat.

I've heard it said that the human brain can successfully hold 7 things in its consciousness. I like that theory, but I think that mine might have more layers. If you know me face-to-face, you've probably had the experiece of having a normal conversation with me when I suddenly go off about how I've figured something out, or remembered something completely silly. That's because all the while I've been talking to you, my brain has been working on some silly problem. It happens a lot when I'm taking programming classes and trying to figure out a solution to some program. This could explain why I have such a hard time sleeping, as it's hard to quiet the ol' noggin every once in a while.

For instance, I've finally nailed downt he Turning Thirty Panic Attack Alert Status color guide:

Flashing Red- Run for the hills. I'm going to go on a manic depressive rampage.
Red- If you live close by, have comfort food and alcohol in your apartment. I'm more than likely going to flip out.
Orange- Still a good idea to have the aforementioned supplies on hand, because the wrong thing will set me off.
Yellow- My armor is thicker than orange, but I'm not invincable.
Green- Someone I know is probably turning an age much older than me, 'cuz I feel fine.
Blue- It's all good.

That's all for right now, kids. I've got a couple other things on the brain that need some attention. For instance:

How am I going to code the SQL for the football picks league's database?
Where did I leave the grocery list?
Where is my map of Chicago bike routes?
What other class am I going to take this term?
Am I ready to take Senior Project?
I'm, of course, still disseminating the bomb dropped on my by my friend last night.
I'm still trying to figure out my weekend.
What, exactly did that dream mean?
When can I finally go camping?

So, you see, I'm fairly occupied.

Signing off- Happy fourth!

dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home