Tuesday, August 26, 2003

39 days to go
Part II: Stuff I didn't have time to write this morning:


I believe that as you get older, you have the tendency to turn into one of your parents. Well, let's tell an old, old story real quick. When I was about 10 or 11, our neighbor's house caught fire- most all of the neighborhood was out watching the firetrucks work and hoping that everyone got out safely. Even my parents, on the other side of the house, woke up. My brother and I slept right through the whole thing. The scary part: our bunk beds were all of 20 feet from the flames.

Fast forward 20 or so years. I wake up to just about anything. Saturday night, my roommate walked into my room. I woke up when he entered, despite the fact that the door was wide open. This morning, I woke up to lightning not, and I emphasize not thunder. Just the flash of light got me up. I was walking around the house, closing windows when I realized the following:

"This is exactly what my dad used to do when I was a kid."

There you have it. I'm turning into my father.

So, I've been thinking about countdowns today, mostly because my mind is wandering, as it tends to do. So here's a fun little list of countdowns I was doing today:

Days til my birthday: 39
Days til my brother's wedding: 46
Days til my friend turns 21: 9
Days til 2004: 128
Days til I graduate college: Ok, who knows?
Days til the Wolves home opener: 46
Days til my friend's wedding: 16
Minutes til I stop doing this: .5

Ok, I'm done. I swear. I think too much sometimes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home