Friday, August 22, 2003

43 days to go
Part II: Sidelined!


Here's a little ditty I wrote in my head earlier today:

That heavy heavy cabinet
Rollin' up the stairs
It's got a bad head
It put me in chairs

And woe, oh woe, oh woe
I got the broken toe....
Blues.

Yep. A heavy cabinet came down on my toe, and gave me a nice hairline fracture. This is funny, actually, and requires a little story to be told. Here we go:

About 3 years ago, I was playing basketball and broke my left index finger blocking a pass. It hurt like hell, and I spent a lot of money on doctors and the like, who, of course, can't do much except tape it to the finger next door. Fast forward 2 years to last summer, I get screened by a teammate during softball batting practice, and get myself a nice hairline fracture on my right index finger. Today, well the cabinet incident.

Of couse, you're wondering what the hell any of these things have to do with each other. It's funny. On each of these occasions, Wendy was about to visit, or in today's case, be visited by me. Each time. Kinda scary, frankly. Odd, even.

That was funny. Odd, even.

Funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home