Friday, August 22, 2003

43 days to go

Think about that number. 43. It just doesn't do anything. Unless your last name is Petty, at least.

My friends, the allergies are in full swing now. That's not good news. I'll live, though.

The show I wanted to see last night didn't happen. Turns out the venue hasn't got a clue as to how to operate, so there was all kinds of problems getting in. First off, they misadvertized, saying that the show was at 6, when doors themselves didn't open until 8. So, I sat outside waiting for my friend to show up in the sweltering heat. When he showed up with another friend, we then went to grab a beer at a bar down the street, walked back to the venue, and wound up standing in line again(at this point, despite doors being open at 8(it was then 8:15), they hadn't started letting people in yet). I stood there for about 20, maybe 25 minutes, again, in the aforementioned heat, only to decide that I didn't need to see the band that badly, so I up and left.

I headed to my local watering hole. With the AC on so cold you could freeze. And no lines.

Ah, sweet relief. I felt so much better.

In one week, I'll be in Boston. I'll be on vacation. I'll be relaxed.

I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home