Friday, August 15, 2003

50 days to go
Part II: My favorite weekend in Chicago


Ok. Maybe it's a littel strong to call this my favorite weekend, but it's pretty damn close. You see, it's the Air and Water Show this weekend, which makes Friday the "practice day" for the pilots. I've been working in a building 1 block from Wrigley Field, which the pilots love to buzz. I watched one pilot fly over at maybe 750 feet. It was really cool.

I remember skipping work one Friday about 5 or 6 years ago and going to a game at Wrigley when they were practicing. Damn. The first time, you really don't expect it, then it almost becomes more fun than the game.

Seriously.

It's so nice in my apartment, with the air on, keeping the outside hellish heat where it belongs- outside. Unfortunately, I still stink from being outside all day. I think I might have gotten a little sunburn as well. Such is life. It's the weekend, or as my friend says, it's P.O.E.T.S day: Piss On Everything, Tomorrow's Saturday.

Piss on everything indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home