Friday, August 08, 2003

57 days to go

Today is my mother's birthday, so happy birthday to her!

There's a fascinating thing that happens in my mother's family, involving double numbers. Both my mother and grandmother were born in a year with double numbers(for their "protection," I won't use the actual dates). 11 months after my mother, my uncle is born, and 11 years after my mother, my other uncle is born, during another double number year. Each one of my grandmother's children has 2 children each- not to mention that my mother was born today, 8-8. It's just a little weird. Someone who knows more about numerology should look into that.

Me, I'm just happy to be alive, as usual. I made some purchases at Tower yesterday which have made me very happy. They also remind me about how much of a geek I am, but that's cool by me.

I was thinking last night about how the summer is damn near over, and I didn't get to go camping or canoeing or anything like that. Hell, I haven't been out to my grandparents' since the end of May. At least I'm headed to Boston before the end of summer(if you believe in the end of summer being Labor Day, that is).

Ah well. There's not much that can be done about it now. I'm hosting poker tonight, as a friend of mine is going to be in town this weekend. Poker. What could be more fun?

I'm off, as I have to be to work by 8 this morning. Have a good one, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home