Tuesday, September 09, 2003

25 days to go

Last night after watching football, I watched this amazing Ric Burns documentary on New York on WTTW 11. It started out as a history of the towers, then, of course, ended with the whole 9/11 thing. Of course, this stirred up all those memories about that day, and here we are almost two years later. I remembered everything about that day all at once.

I don't want to get into a whole philosophical thing about it- I was just feeling guilty, as I have always thought of myself as lucky, seeing as how I used to live and work in NYC, and my train used to go underneath the complex- not exactly a comforting thought.

Well, life does go on, despite all the tragedy from that day. Me, I'll be flying on Thursday even. I'm headed on a quick flight to St. Paul to go see my friend's wedding on Friday night. Take that Al-Queda.

So, let's get onto brighter things. With the Tampa Bay win yesterday, I have now gone 13-3 in picks for week 1. Not bad at all. My fantasy football team won, too, outscoring the entire league.

I decided to see if I could go without allergy medication yesterday. This was stupid. Just so y'all knew.

I'm back on it now.

Time for me to get to work, otherwise I'll be late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home