Thursday, October 30, 2003

Angry Dave and the Curse of Windows ME(tm)

Yep. I had a whole shitload of babble written, flowing, running. Then ME crashes. Note to Microsoft(tm): I hate it when your stuff don't work. Make it friggin' work.

Anyways. My original title was Time keeps on Ticking...

And I keep on thinking. It's a curse. It just happens. In the pocket of a poet you will often find the product of an active mind.

I think that's from Cyrrano de Bergerac- I'll have to double check. It's kinda moot anyways, I haven't written anything creatively in at least 5 years. Too bad. I used to show some promise.

So, I'm reading The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking. Seems like everyone was trying to figure out how the Big Bang came about. More accurately, how things existed where everything was infinitely hot and infinitely dense. Well it's pretty well accepted that black holes exist, so here's my suggestion to all those astrophysicists out there. Black holes are basically wells that take in anything that passes its event horizon. So, let's imagine that black holes have a finite space(for lack of a better term). So, if a black hole doesn't dissipate and continues to take in more and more matter, what would happen? It will explode. So, how's that for a theory? Mind you, I am not an astrophysicist, nor would I pretend to be. I'm just a guy who grew up watching too much Nova and Star Trek.

Well, it sounded a whole lot better when I wrote it out the first time. I even made an analogy about what happens if you keep filling a balloon with air. Yadda yadda yadda.

Anyways. I should probably do something useful. Perhaps I'll take some time to kill off some of these pesky brain cells that keep coming up with absurd ideas. Keep in mind, I still have to finish the book, so my little theory may be in an upcoming chapter, but I doubt it. Not because no one else has thought of it, but because it's too simple and dismissable.

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home