Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Baseball playoffs

It's really hard to work in a building that's only 2 blocks from Wrigley Field, about the most congested and loud place in Chicago right now. I don't mean to bitch, I mean, despite years of complete apathy towards baseball, I do get a kick out of the history of the game, not to mention the mechanics. So, a team who hasn't won it in 95 years is going to capture my attention.

Last night, speaking with my brother, I made a funny. He asked me what I would do if the Red Sox and Cubs were playing against each other in the World Series. My response:

"I would play the fiddle while Rome burned."

I can be funny, from time to time, see? Ok, maybe it's not that funny. Fine.

My e-mail server is being funny. I am not laughing at that. Especially since I'm supposed to be finishing up on some school stuff before I head in. I do not have time for this crap. I was even going to try to, and get this, try to eat before I went, so I wouldn't have to leave early so I could eat.

Anyways. Today is beautiful out, if you live in Chicago. I'd like to look forward to watching the game tonight, but I'll be at school while the game's on. That' not so cool. Oh well. It's only baseball.

So, there you have it, my afternoon rants. Thanks for tuning in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home