Sunday, October 26, 2003

Disclaimer

The blog this morning is going to contain some profanities. If you're easily offended by swears, you might want to wait and see what's going on in my life tomorrow.

Hockey is delicious.

Yes, the Wolves won last night. Yes, we scored 3 goals, including an empty netter. Yes, there were 4 scrums where pretty much every skater was fighting someone else. Yes, I saw our goalie staring down the Toronoto Roadrunners' goalie as if to say "are you coming down to fight me, ya yellow bitch?" These things were all good. But there was something that made me mad.

I'm certainly glad that we've all found a new sense of patriotism despite an extreme lack of leadership skills during an incredibly trying time. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to hoot, holler, whistle and cheer when people are singing the national anthem. To quote the movie Slap Shot: "I'm listening to the fucking song!" I don't care how much national fever you've got. Either sing along quietly, mouth the words ala Milli Vanilli, or shut the hell up. No one wants to hear you screaming during our national anthem, bonehead.

On a completely unrelated topic, read this article and tell me how you feel about getting older now. It's funny, and it kinda scares me, frankly. Kids these days.

I'm hungry, and rather tired, despite having the extra hour and all. I seem to remember reading an article back in the old college days about how there's an increase in motor vehicle accidents after daylight savings time changes. This is easily explained, as your body has to reset it's circadian rhythm and get things going the right way again. It's a little rough on the ol' brain.

Time for me to change laundry over. Have a good one, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home