Wednesday, October 01, 2003

III days to go
Part 2: Oh, the magic roman numeral


Id est!

Sorry, I found a Latin book last week abandoned in one of our buildings. I decided, hell, if I've been teaching myself Java and JavaScript, why not give Latin another shot! After all, now that I'm not clouded by Macalester, I'm free to learn something.

Anyways, it's now October. The sun is firmly in Libra, and it's days away from my birthday. Winning first in the birthday card arrival category: My mom's parents! Yee ha! It's a funny number, making fun of a pair of shoes I wore for my junior year HS talent show, which for some reason the director of the cable show decided made for a great close-up for about 30 seconds. It also contained some serious greenback in it(check form), which was sent early specifically to help pay for Friday's festivities. Big love and thanks to them, winners of this year's earliest birthday card arrival award.

Now, let's toot my own horn(again):

Today I was walking to lunch when a guy walked up to me and said "these girls are going to offer you money to help move their couch." Me, of course, being who I am, which is a complete pushover for a pretty face, did it for free, including moving a loveseat up 2 flights by myself. Herculean, I'm not, but nice, from time to time, even to strangers!

So, TOOT!

But, the second of my self-presents will be picked up tomorrow, thanks to my best friend lending me her car so I can drive all the way to the south side to pick it up. What is it, you're thinking? Well, it's none other than an authentic, personalized Chicago Wolves home jersey. I figured I'd have to wait until I married Mia Hamm and had kids before I'd see my last name on a hockey jersey, but it turns out even a schmo like me can get one. Yes, she's a soccer star, but you gotta hope, right?

Anyways, eamus catuli et al.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home