Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Monopoly

I had a discussion with a friend this weekend about games. She says that I have too many of the "same" game on my computer, which is partially true, a lot of them have similar themes, styles, and the like. But they are inherently different. So, when I looked in my little game closet this weekend for my Trivial Pursuit, I suddenly realized that I have 3 different versions of the board game of Monopoly, save for the original, which I got for my computer free from Honey Nut Cheerios. Those are, in no particular order, Star Wars, Simpsons, and NHL Monopoly. So, today at lunch as I'm choking down McDonald's food and reading the paper quietly, I realize that it's absurd that McOpoly exists. There's almost no way to win anything good, unless you pool your resources, and if memory serves, someone got sued for doing that a few years ago.

Seem like a silly thing to blog about? Well, it is. But there's not much that's been on my mind today. Except the fact that a million bucks from McDonald's would make my life a whole hell of a lot easier. So would a lot of other things, but they're not here, either.

More silliness? Ok. I also on the Simpson's version of Clue, a Star Wars themed version of Life, a Star Trek Next Generation trivia game, and the greatest card game ever invented, Tripoley.

Random thought of the moment: I really, really like Mad Libs.

Ok. I've got some work to do. And some Tacos to make(the chicken's been marinating in my special mix of spices and, well, Hornsby's Cider since last night. Should be tasty!

(Completely as a side note, I'd like to mention that my blog spell checker doesn't know the word themed. At least, not until today.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home