Monday, October 20, 2003

What is it about this year?

Another person I know died this weekend. We weren't close, but it still happened. Friend of a friend type situation. So, in an open letter to death, I officially request that the people I care about be left alone for a while.

After more than a month, I finally get to bury my friend who died. This isn't going to be an easy funeral. Not for anyone who knew him.

Ok. It's a bad thing to start off a week with all depressing news.

Good news: the Chicago Wolves have started the season really well, they're at 3-0-0-1, the Vikings are 6-0. So, sportswise, despite the losses of the Cubs and the Red Sox, things are going ok in that department.

I debuted my Wolves Jersey yesterday. Wore it to pub quiz. Those of you who live in Chicago, I strongly encourage you to attend. It's for a good cause, and it's a fun way to spend your Sunday nights. 7pm, Ginger's Ale House, 3801 N Ashland. This week, the rest of my team will be out of town, so will the quizmaster, so I'll be keeping score while the head chef reads the questions. It'll be fun!

Enough on the advertisements. It's time I headed to work, anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home