Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Why I bike.

Why? Because of the freedom, the exercise, the ogles I get from girls AND boys when I show off my sexy, meaty legs.

Oh yeah, and because tonight, there were two attempts on my life on the way to school, and one taunting drunk in an SUV(again with the SUVs). There was a letter to the editor in last week's Sun Times about how bike lanes are causing him problems on his commute, up to and including the fact that if there's someone riding in the lane it "they create an obstacle to be maneuvered around on streets that are already too narrow." Well. Oh welly welly well. Let's just say that I'm trying VERY hard to not write back, especially now that I don't have time to properly respond to such a letter(say, without swearing), and especially after tonight's little "run-ins" with the motor public. This includes one woman who was pissed at me for riding far from the curb. Excuse the fuck out of me, lady. I'm sure you wouldn't have driven your piece of shit car over the construction signs that were lying in the street on your way to the Jewel-Osco.

To the guy from the south side who bitched about bike lanes and the apparently huge problems they cause him, well, seeing as I don't live on the south side, nor do I bike there very often, I can't speak to that. I will tell you that if you're having to maneuver around cyclists in the bike lanes, you're doing it wrong.

Ok. End of rant. I've got some other stuff I need to worry about, then I'm going to get back to worrying about some other stuff. And by worry, I actually mean take care of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home