Saturday, November 29, 2003

The TSA and you.

I understand that we need this organization. I'm just asking for some common sense.

On my flight to MSP, my bag was searched after going though the big, bad x-ray machine. No surprise, frankly. It contained all of the following metal items that probably had them all in a tiff: my leather biker jacket, my steel-toed boots, my razor, shaving cream, keys, sunglass clips, and my cell phone charger. I completely understand why they would search it, and I accept that they did so. It's just what they did on the way back that pissed me off. From MSP to MDW, they searched it again. Again, I had no problem with this. I even expected it. BUT, this time they put the tag on so that my bag was locked. This is not a convenient thing for anybody, and it made me mad. Mostly because I had my jacket in my bag, which contained a CTA Transit card with the exact amount I needed to get home tonight.

Why do I get mad about this? Because I'm Angry Dave, silly. Did spending an extra $1.50 really make a huge difference in how my life unfolds? No. It's just the principle of making my life less instead of more convenient. Next case? You're right.

On the way back this group of people, apparently from Detroit, get on the train. They were about 7 in number, and they stood around the doors on the train. When the train stopped, about 2 minutes after myself and several others stood so that we could exit the train, they fail to do the obvious thing, which is to remove their persons from the area around the door so we can exit. It's the little things that keep society from falling completely apart. It also keeps me from getting angry.

Sorry for the weird writing style. I was reading Vonnegut, then I started to re-read Don Quixote. I feel a little long-winded and pompous right now.

I'm going to rent a movie and get a bottle of wine. I'll see y'all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home