Saturday, November 01, 2003

What's good for a hangover?

Drinking heavily the night before. It works every time. Me, I should be off to get me some Popeye's chicken and a Gatorade. That always works, too.

I got home really late. I slept really late, well, for me, really late. There's something about sleeping until 9:30 that makes me happy. My cat, on the other hand, is confused. She told me so. She popped in bed at about 9 and mewed and purred until I started petting her. She's like that. Always needing attention. She's a cat- she just can't help it.

Back to reality- I went a partying last night. My friends' landlord was host. We didn't mix well with the crowd. They were all yuppies. We're not, for the most part, and for the most part, we're bitter towards snobby people. I shaved for my costume, too. I am now completely without hair on my head. It's a strange feeling. I feel like I look like I'm 18. This is especially funny if you consider that when I was 18, most folks thought I was 28. Back to the party: there was some cool people there, a girl I flirted with(she was pretty) and another guy who came with a friend as guys from Blue Man Group. I told him that's what I wanted to do and he basically made plans for next year. I recycled my Vyvyan from the Young Ones costume from last year, at my friend's suggestion. Nobody got it. Not even when we went to my friend's favorite Irish Bar, the Irish Oak. You'd think that someone would have watched the show. Nope.

Oh well. I'm finally going to Best Buy today to spend my gift card. It's about time, after all.

Although I do really need to take a shower. I've still got ketchup in my nose. I'll tell you the story some other time.

What?

Ok. I'll tell you now. Part of my costume involved wearing a fake septum ring. We had to adjust it over and over to keep it from falling out, so I was basically carrying around pliers all night. At the end of the night I discovered that we had made it too tight and had some problems taking it out. Finally, we did, but I decided to play a joke on my friend. I grabbed a napkin and squirted ketchup on it, ran down the stairs of his building(he was outside having a cigarette) bitching and moaning about how we should have waited until we were sober to try to take the thing out. He took the bait, needless to say. We had a good laugh over that one.

Problem is that now all I can smell is ketchup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home