Thursday, December 18, 2003

Drinking alone is a telltale sign that you know better than to put up with anybody's bullshit.

Read this. Laugh. I needed some levity.

Although talking with a respected friend and then my grandparents and cousin, I feel better. Let's talk about holidays. I've mentioned several times before that I am not christian, and don't want to hear about how my soul won't be saved. I'm an atheist. Not a nihilist, mind you, an atheist. My family, on the other hand, does celebrate the big day next week. This is fine by me, they usually don't shove it down my throat. I almost never make it there the day of, and this year will be no different. In my world, christmas just isn't practical. Anyways. Back to my original take here. I am heading out to my grandparents' farm, it's just a matter of whether or not I'm working on the 26th. I think I am, frankly I'm surprised I'm not working right now(hint, hint, ye fates of employment), so I made arrangements up the wazoo on how I'm going to get out there. I'm one all-together dude all the sudden. Well, except for having no money, a messy apartment, and losing my mind slowly.

Case in point(get ready for a strange tangent). I had just finished folding a load of laundry. I came back to the computer, where I was doing whatever the hell I do online all day, and I smelled tea. Huh. Tea sounds good right now. Idiot that I am, I had made a cup, and forgot that I had made it. I've seen the same thing happen with drunk smokers. They light a new cigarette with one still burning in the ashtray. Time to quit, people.

Wow, 2 tangents for the price of one.

What a deal.

Back to the reason I abso-fuckin-lutely have to head to my grandparents': my brother tells me that the grandparents have outdone all possible presents. To the point that not only does he desperately want to be there to see my reaction to said gift, but also thinks that if he gave me a bag full of dogshit that I'd actually enjoy the holidays. What possible material thing could possibly do this to me? You've got me. I've got an idea or two(it's kinda hard to fool me), but I ain't saying. Especially now that my tea is cold and not quite so tasty.

The plot thickens.

More later.

Side note(again): what the hell does the word OTTOMH mean? My spellchecker wants to replace the word outdone with it. Is this something that a geek like me should know, or just some random thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home