Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Philosophical Tuesday

Yes, welcome to Philosophical Tuesday, the Rumination Capital of this State.

I just had a long conversation with a very close friend about religion. I know, I always preach to keep it to yourself, but maybe it's time I shared a couple ideas with my little blog public. We were talking about what we consider ourselves to be. She was raised Lutheran, and now doesn't really think Lutheranism is for her. This is fine. I think that's ok. The church her parents go to just placed too many rules on rituals. Got under her skin. I said that if I were to label myself, I would probably be considered either a Freethinker or even Buddhist. I'm trying to live a relatively moral life(those who are really close to be know that I don't always succeed), and have little concern for the afterlife, but for some reason, still believe that life is suffering and that I can be reincarnated. I'm sure at this point that some readers are calling me an idiot for not knowing the full scope of these particular theological belief systems, and well, frankly, I don't. I'm piecing together what I know and building my own little belief system that makes me happy. Try it out. You might like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home