Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Already burned out.

Don't worry. The job's going just fine. I just can't bear another minute of playing Tetris online. It's just too boring. So's Frogger.

I know, I know. Dave, you shouldn't complain. You've got a great job.

It's true. I do. I love it. Except for stupid questions, which are, of course, a dime a dozen around here. Today's favorite quote:

"Hold on, let me put on my glasses."

I, personally, try to do as much as possible wearing my glasses. That's because I need them to see. Mind you, my eyesight isn't too bad, I technically could run a computer without them, but I still need them to read, ya know, that astigmatism business.

Today's second favorite line:

"Tax Support?"
"No, Tech Support."
"I've got a 1099 that I have a question on."
"Sir, you've reached Technical Support. I can't answer questions on 1099 forms."

This went on for several minutes, I didn't bother to do the whole conversation. It would have been pedantic. Eventually, he got mad because he "kept getting transferred." I was the only person he had spoken to.

So, before my blog winds up becoming a dumping ground for tech support horror stories, I'm going to find something in the news that's funny.

Something like this, about England's toughest pub. Or so-called toughest pub. Or this, which clearly demonstrates what happens on a slow news day in Omaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home