Friday, January 09, 2004

Art or Not?

It's a quote from who-the-hell-knows-where, I've read it in Kurt Vonnegut's Timequake, as a question asked of the great author by his older brother.

Me, I'm asking, because I've been reading about the Bloggies, the blogsphere's answer to the question "why don't we have an award?"

Can I be nominated? Well, yes, technically. I could possibly be nominated to the following categories:
weblog of the year
best-kept-secret blog
best American blog
best topical blog
best humorous blog(if you consider me turning 30 to be humorous)
best new weblog

Now, of course, I ask the bold, ego-exposing question: Art or not? Should I be nominated? Probably not. I see a lot of other blogs out there where people actually put work into them. I can't be bothered. Call me lazy. I'm also not about to re-start the damn thing on my own webpage. I started this thing to count down the days, emotions, and thoughts before I turned 30. Now, some 97 days and countless pointless entries later, what am I trying to say? Frankly, a lot of it was me bitching about things I got angry about, companies that pissed me off, drivers that cut me off, yadda, yadda, yadda. Back before I turned 30, the title and theme seemed to make sense, now, well, I'm lost, my dear readers(all three of you).

Ah well, it's not that important. I'm not going to be hurt if I'm not nominated. I'd probably get mad if I had to go accept an award, anyways. Austin, TX is notoriously busy during the SXSW festival, and I don't know who I would take as my date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home