Thursday, January 01, 2004

Cold Mountain, love, and coffee culture.

The movie, Cold Mountain, isn't really all that and a bag of chips. I know. You're all hearing about how great it is from all those idiot reviewers, but it's a little predictable for me. I don't know. Maybe it was a little too long for me as well. I have a short attention span as well. It is still a pretty good movie, don't get me wrong, but it's just not all that.

It did make me realize that there is a certain lack of affection in my life right now. I secretly await the day someone comes running up to the New Year's Eve party that I'm at and tells me "when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." I can't help it. It's the romantic in me. Deep, deep, deep down inside me.

So long as I'm mumbling my way through this blog, I don't get coffee culture. I don't get coffee. Like I told my dad a couple weeks ago, I can remember both times I've had coffee. The first was when I was about 10. My parents were drinking coffee, and I decided I wanted to try it, too. I didn't like it. The second was when I was 19. I was at my girlfriend's house, hanging out with her roommates while she was overseas, and we made Irish coffees. I like it then, but not enough to ever want it again. So, after I'm at the movie and my companion decides she wants a coffee, I am whisked away to the local big-name coffee shop, which I refuse to name, I am again perplexed by the coffee culture. I can't tell you what part of it doesn't make sense to me, but it just doesn't jive with the Dave logic.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Oh well. It's about time I thought about dinner. It's about time I thought about Simpsons, which are on in a few minutes.

I just noticed that this company's website has a store locator. Seems to me like some programmer wasted his time. Here's how you find one: Step 1- go to an urban area, prefereably in economic growth. Step 2- spin in a circle. Step 3- stop spinning, and walk two blocks in that direction.

You're bound to come accross one sooner rather than later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home