Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Dammit!

I had it in my head to do a whole post about my first 100 days being 30, a kind of State-of-the-Dave address to myself, and, well, you guys too(since you seemed to care about me aging in the first place).

So, here goes, a day late, and a dollar short:

100 days later...

Careerwise:
Thanks to an injury to my shoulder, the no-so-grown-up job of working construction came to an abrupt halt. No more, no more. Since then, after 5 weeks of idly wishing I had a decent job, I finally scored a good gig. That's right, I've gone back to the corporate world, wearing a tie and everything. It's fun. I like it. I feel so grown up now.

Schoolwise:
It was rough, but I finished senior project in October. I even did fairly well in it, so I feel I can be proud about it. I decided(thankfully) to take a term off, mostly due a problem with my school's bureaucracy which couldn't have been solved in time. I start up again beginning in March.

Dating/Love life:
Well, it's been a weird time. I meet people, as I've stated before, and then stop thinking about them, or just ignore their calls. I'm funny that way. I'm going to try to change, as just random encounters with people, while being fun and all, do not help me achieve any goals.

Home life:
Well, with people dieing, there's been a few funerals. There's also been a wedding or two. The apartment is a mess, as always, but it's getting better. Slowly. The cat's happy, I'm happy, and the roommate is happy. Now, if we just had a dishwasher...

On coping with turning 30:
It was fairly anticlimactic. I was hoping for something cataclysmal to happen, some major change. Nope. Nothing really new. The bones still creak, the muscles still whine. I still need glasses. I still have no hair. I guess nothing really changed, and that seemed to turn it into a let-down.

General:
Well, I've been losing weight, which comes with not riding anymore, as well as not eating as much any more, as well as not working out for 7-8 hours a day for your job. I'm not getting flabby, mind you, but I'm still a hefty 190 pounds, at 5'9". I'm emotionally stable and becoming more and more no-nonsense every day(this could be a bad thing, though). I'm happy. For the first time in a long time, I can say that with almost no exception, I am happy. It's an odd thing. I'm not complaining, I'm just not used to it.

Anyways, that's pretty much what's going on in my head, 101 days after my birthday. Seems like it's been forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home