Friday, January 23, 2004

I'm a bad, bad boy.

I decided, despite all conventional wisdom, to go out last night. It's wasn't anything fancy, I just went to Zanie's to see a couple rather funny comedians. Best joke goes to Chad Daniels, on why he doesn't like traveling in the south:

"I get a lot of guys who think my last name is the same as a certain whiskey. They're always hootin' and hollerin' about it, until I explain that there's no relation, Jack Daniel's has an apostrophe in it. Then they get all quiet, and mutter, 'you mean like a follower of Jesus?' I always say yes, just like that. What's ironic about it is, apostles gave up all their possessions to follow Christ, and an apostrophe's main job is to express possession. [the crowd laughs] Every time I tell that joke, an English teacher gets their wings."

The headliner was Adam Ferrara, who heard my friend J. laughing uproariously, thought he was a woman(J. is a very gay man), and ran a 5 minute long conversation with him before realizing that she was actually a he. My table was in tears laughing. It was special. It was funny. My sides hurt.

So, besides not being able to find the second on my $20 bills, I'm in an ok mood this morning. Sleep deprivation is good for that(I was up way past my bedtime last night, hanging out with comics).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home