Friday, January 16, 2004

It's 5 o'clock in the morning. This calls for hashish.

That was the funniest line in the play last night. Probably the only one I laughed at. I was bored. This doesn't surprise anyone- I am not a fan of live theatre. I was ruined in high school and college by dating one too many people who worked in theatre. I can't help it, theatre people and I have some strange attraction going on. Even now. It's strange.

I saw one of the tenants of a building I used to work in, though. That was kinda cool. And there was full frontal nudity. That's always a plus.

The funniest part of the whole situation is that I had spent some time yesterday afternoon contemplating the fact that I am probably too scientific to place any faith in religion. It's just not in my nature. It doesn't happen. The play was about a devout baptist who has a crisis of faith, runs from Nebraska to London, and finds himself and his faith(at least he recovers part of it.

Me, I've never really had a faith in anything, I suppose when I was younger I believed in something, I'm not sure it could be categorized, but it's definitely gone now. Oh well. So it goes. I don't miss it, and it doesn't miss me. I can still live a relatively moral life without having people tell me about how bad I am because of some set of rules from too long ago.

Duck, my two cents are flying right at ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home