Saturday, January 10, 2004

Life's too short to make things complicated.

My friend said this to me last night.

She's right. Completely right.

At the time, we were talking about relationships, and the fact that I've been avoiding them for some time now. I got to thinking about this. I really have been avoiding things. Even when I meet someone new, I tend to pull back. I don't see them as someone permanent or even temporary. I don't trust easily anymore.

This is not a good thing, not for a 30-year old who, get this, actually wants to settle down. My 20's were too exciting. I'm done now. Time for the next stage of my life. But, if I'm always hiding away from people, how am I going to get there?

Answer: Adopt the new mantra- life's too short to make things complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home