Friday, January 09, 2004

Quandary.

The newest movie made about what I consider to be the greatest moment in sports history, Miracle, comes out in 28 days. What's the issue? Oh, well it's a simple one. The movie is made by Disney. Call me a grumpy old man, call me a jerk, call me an asshole, call me what you will, but I loathe Disney. Especially their movies, with the exception of Tron(all computer programmers that I know love this movie, it's an unwritten law, I believe), and, solely for the soundtrack, Fantasia. Fortunately for me, there's nothing on that soundtrack which can't be found in even the most mediocre classical record department.

Can a person as crazy as myself possibly sit though the watered-down version of the greatest U.S. hockey victory ever? Even ESPN.com(I might add that, if memory serves, Disney is a parent company to ESPN) has it in a washed down version(see paragraph 7). Whereas, in the documentary Do You Believe in Miracles, Mike Eruzione quotes Herb Brooks as saying "...you'll take it to your fucking graves."

I watched the trailer. I know most trailers don't have any swearing in them, but Herb Brooks wasn't exactly pristine in his speech. If I'm gonna see a true story, I want the truth to be there. I want the blood, the guts, the gore, and the cursing. Don't short-change my memory, Disney. I ain't afraid of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home