Wednesday, January 14, 2004

This'll Take About an Hour

I'm supposed to go to Zanie's tonight to see some comedy. How can a person as destitute as I afford to do such a thing? Well, it's good to have friends in high places, especially when they have access to booze.

So, I'm reading about the headliner for tonight, a Mr. Jake Johannsen, and I noticed that in one of the paragraphs in his little show blurb mentions the name of his old show This'll Take About an Hour(sorry, there's no link I can find), three times. Once in each sentence in the paragraph. Now, I'm not sure who wrote it, it might be my friend who works there(I hope she's not reading this), but isn't that a little bit of shameless self-promotion? Redundant, maybe?

All I can think of right now is that line from the Simpsons, 'I'm in television. It's my job to be repetitive. My job is to be repetitive. My job.' Well, something along those lines anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home