Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Thoughts on fundraising.

Ask anyone who knows me, I hate asking for money. I don't like it one bit. So please, dear friends and readers who I have e-mail addresses for, don't be too shocked when I start begging for funds for my MS ride. I know, the site isn't ready yet, so I haven't put up a link for it yet. I apologize. Of course, if you're really enterprising, you can find it on the site, I just don't want it popularized yet. So please, don't look.

My point is, I know a lot of people, and I've got a couple of ideas of how I want to do this. I'd like to have a pub quiz. I'll even write the questions all by my lonesome. I'll even run it. I'll do it all. Back to the point. If I know 50 people who would each contribute $25, I'll reach the goal suggested by the MS website(the minimum, in case I fail terribly, is $300). I'm considering whoring myself out, offering to wear adverts if necessary. I'm just that crazy.

I'm excited about doing the ride, and I've formed a team and all that fun stuff, but I don't like fund raising. I'm just not cut out for it.

I'm going to start writing questions now, because I'm bored, and because I've had a couple ideas I don't want to loose.

More on this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home