Thursday, January 08, 2004

Yet another argument for abolishing zero tolerance:

This man didn't deserve this treatment.

I don't really support wars. To quote Yoda, "wars not make one great."

I do read a lot of Kurt Vonnegut's novels, and in case you didn't know, he was taken prisoner by the Germans in WW II, and survived one of the most appalling acts in the U.S. Air Force's history. He says pretty much the same thing. And he's not even 900 years old, much less a Jedi Master.

What the hell am I actually trying to say? Well, that even though I don't support wars, I'm not going to spit on a veteran or think less of a person who has served. Especially those who were drafted. They didn't even have a choice. So I feel bad, that a person who fought so bravely and put his life on the line so I could stay here and surf the IS-H all day and watch the Simpsons every night gets hassled by one of the most preposterous organizations, the TSA.

I like to travel. I like to fly. I hate going through security.

Now, before I start sounding like a 4th-rate stand-up comedian with the clap, check out this link, for a reason to respect the history and traditions of this ever-so-fucked-up country.

P.S. I'm still not sure what the hell I was trying to say here. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home