Wednesday, February 25, 2004

The dramatic return of King Pingu

The new game is fun, I must admit. I however, have not spent the entire day trying to get beyond the maximum thus far acheived, by myself and a co-worker.

Another co-worker came in from lunch bearing a rumor that Osama bin Laden was caught. That caused a sudden stoppage of all game play while all the major international news services were checked. Oddly, this checking of the news sites then led to a discussion on hockey, and now I'm trying to put together a little get-together of the tech staff to hit up a game.

Tonight, I'm either going to make enchiladas or my world-famous chicken oregano. It's made without tomatoes, as they make me sick. Chicken oregano will require a trip to my local Trader Joe's for olive oil and wine. Perhaps some of their all-natural licorice, too. It's just so damn good.

I'm dreading my train ride home today, as I'm reading William Wallace Man and Myth by Dr. Graeme Morton. It's an ok book, but he repeatedly cites old texts that are written in languages ranging from Old English to Latin. Thankfully, I was a linguistics minor back in the day, have taken Latin, and have picked up a book or two on learning Gaelic so I can manage, but I can't imagine just picking this book up without that knowledge. I shouldn't be so overly critical. I am the one who was walking through the library on Monday thinking "oooh! A textbook on the life of William Wallace! Fun!"

I am, as the saying goes, a sick, sick man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home