Monday, February 09, 2004

I wasn't in the house when the house burnt down.

In a staggeringly opportune moment very early on in the days of my blogging life, I made the decision to leave my silly, 9-hour-a-week job at Tower Records to have what was at the time, the greatest of the greatest, weekends off. Now, I'm sure the rats will be cannonballing into the sea, as they've finally filed their Chapter 11.

It's too bad, really, as I have a lot of friend who still work there, and I feel bad for their uncertain future. I do not, however, feel bad for the company. Certain things about that place really upset me, and most recently, my 4 years of gracious service to the company is now rewards me by no longer free video rentals and a revocation of my employee discount. These literally were the only reasons I still shopped at that store.

I can understand that business is business, but I spent quite a long time being good to former employees who I didn't even know, because they left before I started working there. It makes me mad that 7 months after I leave, I am no longer entitled to my discount.

Anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home