Friday, February 27, 2004

Lazy people piss me off.

I really wouldn't call myself lazy, not necessarily. I'm more likely to describe myself as efficient. I don't mind making an effort here or there or what have you, but I'm not trying to bust my ass constantly for something that could be done simply.

What brings this on?

A caller, of course:
Customer: I was hoping you could do me a favor.
Me: What do you need?
Customer: Could you add some quotes to my personal quote page?
Me: Well, I tell you what. I'll tell you how to do it, that way, in the future, you can take care of it. You know, like the old saying: 'give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life.'
Customer: Okay.

At least she got the idea. I'm not here to make adjustments to her account for her. That's not my nor anyone else's job but hers. At the end of the call, she thanked me for teaching her how to fish.

Dare I say it? A star is born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home